CANVAS TENTS & CANVAS TENT
Canvas tents are our specialty. We offer quality stoves for all hunting and camping activities at significantly discounted prices.
Click CANVAS TENT AND ANGLE KIT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
Click CANVAS TENTS, ANGLE KIT, FLY, AND STOVE PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
Click MONTANA TENTS: FREE SHIPPING
Click hot buttons to the left to view specific products.
|We also provide frames, angle kits, collapsible stoves, accessories, spike, pyramid and wilderness tents. Click to view video where I demonstrate the strength of our Wilderness Tent .|
SELECTING A CANVAS TENT THAT MEETS YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND BUDGET can be very daunting, especially for first time buyers.
1. The first decision you will have to make is the size you need. Insure you take into account the stove and heat stand-off distances which will take 7' along a wall. Heat stand-off distance from front wall is normally 2' +, the 2' length of most stoves and 2'-3' heat standoff on the far end of the stove.
1 person is 8x10 to a size 12 x14 depending on how much space you want.
Average Tent size normally required for 2-5 people
2 person is 10 x 12 to 12 x14
3 person is 12x14 to 14 x16
4 person is 14x16 to 16 x20
5-6 person is 16 x 20
6-7 person is 16x24
2. The next decision you need to make is the type of canvas treatments you want. Water and mildew treatment makes canvas more water repellant and mold resistant. Fire resistant treatment is also available. Fire resistant treated canvas only burns when there is a heat source on the canvas like a lantern or propane stove, etc. Remove the flame source and fire treated canvas stops burning. To me, fire treatment is like buying insurance to prevent paying for a loss of property. Fire treatment is recommended if your budget can allow the extra cost.
3. You will need a frame for all tents. You need to decide if you want to purchase a complete frame which is very expensive or purchase an angle kit and make your frame. We sell a tent frame angle kit. You can purchase electrical steel conduits available at all hardware stores and make your frame using the angle kit. Purchasing an angle kit is the quickest and most economical way to make a frame. Angles are super imposed below. I provide a cut list and you cut the conduit using a hack saw, pipe cutter, chop saw or whatever you prefer. Takes about an hour and you generally save $200 - $400, including shipping, depending on the size of your canvas tent. An angle kit is recommended unless you want an expensive aluminum frame. With the money you save, you can buy a bigger tent or tent accessories such as a fly, floor, windows, etc. Or just save money on your tent purchase.
View angle kits at frame angle kit
View angle kit instructions at angle kit instructionsDOES NOT INCLUDE POLES
We sell quality tents and stoves for less than any other company. But while our products are some of best in the business, what sets us apart is our quality customer service.
If you compare our prices and find a better deal, we will match it! We guarantee to match the price of any like item on the internet.
If you have any questions regarding tents, stoves, or any other camping product - call us and we will answer your questions and offer recommendations as needed.
Our camping gear can ship the next business day.
We stand behind all of our products. If there is a problem - we will take care of it.
CUSTOMER COMMENTS ON WILDERNESS TENTS
My friend has a wilderness tent and loves it. I want to buy a 14 x16. Will
Just received the wilderness tent. It's great. Jim
I have 5 of your wilderness canvas tents and they are working out really well. I want to buy another 16x20. Jess- Colorado Outfitter.
I can't believe how much reinforcement the wilderness has. I am very impressed with the quality. Rob
PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
YUKON WOOD BURNING CAMP STOVE
Welded heavy-gauge hot rolled steel construction.
- GASKET ON DOOR FOR AN AIRTIGHT STOVE.
- Reinforcement bars welded to both sides and back to prevent warping.
- Metal Support rods under the top of stove to prevent warping.
- Strong - quality welds to insure airtight design of Yonon wood burning camp stoves.
- RAIN CAP WITH SPARK ARRESTOR. .
- Large adjustable air intake on door.
- 18" legs. Additional height also makes putting wood in wood burning camp stove firebox easier. . If you prefer, shorter legs - use a hack saw.
- Accessories fit inside firebox.
- 5" nesting stove pipe, 7' 8" long (92 " )
- A 5" standard oval stove jack will accommodate Yukon Stoves 5" nesting stove pipe
- Warming trays - 25"l x 8"w, which can fit on either side of stove.
- Stainless steel 3 gallon water tank - can fit on either side of Yukon wood burning stoves.
- Stove pipe opening is recessed to make packing in on horses easier
- Air intake on door has a metal plate behind it to prevent sparks from popping out the air intake holes.
- I USE THIS STOVE. FOR THE MONEY AND QUALITY - THERE IS NO WOOD BURNING CAMP STOVE ON THE MARKET THAT CAN COMPARE TO THIS QUALITY CAMP STOVE.
STOVE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONSIS AT BLUE HOT BUTTON TO THE LEFT
If you have trouble deciding which yukon stove model/size to buy - the YUKON 5 is recommended. The YUKON 5 will burn all night with quality dry hard wood.